When I think of errors in my writing the very first one to come to mind is how i lack self-editing on my own work. I can often find myself getting papers back with comments on certain errors in the paper that i should have been able to avoid by proof reading my work. This causes my writing to look weak and immature to the audience and teacher. I have noticed when I do proof read my work I tend to get better comments and better grades overall. To change this I believe the simple answer is to just proof read my papers when I am done.
The second error that I notice in my writing most is when I tend to slack off near the end of my papers. I get lazy and antsy to finish the work and will not put in as much effort as normal. When I do this my work becomes extremely weak and hurts my overall work and point of view drastically. It makes me look like I don't know how to write properly and that I don't do basic writing skills in my work. I've noticed that to change this I have to pace myself when I do papers and long works in a good environment for me to work in.
Third error that I take notice to in my papers is my pattern to repeat things in other words and not notice it. I will often write the same point or the same fact in a different way throughout the work in a repetitious way that isn't helping my work. I think this shortens my work due to the fact I am repeating myself and weakens my points overall as well. I believe I can tie this to my first error in the way that to solve this error as well as the first I would simply have to proof read my work to be wary of these errors.
No comments:
Post a Comment