Sunday, December 11, 2011

Assignment 10

The best thing about the peer review process that we do in class, in my opinion, is how we often go over the rubric of the paper before we peer review. I think this helps us better understand what to look for when we are editing our peers essay. I think we could improve the process by having our essays edited by more than one peer in the class in order to get another perspective and pair of eyes over the work and its content.
I think one of my strengths in peer reviewing is that i am able to catch punctuation and grammar relatively well. I can catch little errors in words or sentences that the writer doesn't notice during their writing process because they are familiar with their writing.
One of my weaknesses of peer editing is that I sometimes find following the rubric 100% of the time a little challenging. I begin reading the work and forget to remember the specific things I need to be looking for according to the rubric presented to us.
My ideal peer review process would be when we go over the rubric in class before we switch papers. Then we would switch papers and peer review in accordance to the rubric and specifics asked. After we finish that I think we should be able to look over the editing that was just done and then switch once more with another person and edit those. Then take those revisions and apply them to your paper where needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment