Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Assignment #7

Looking back and reflecting on my writing so far in English 101 isn't a difficult task to do. I see my writing as a good piece of work most of the times and clear and concise. I honestly don't think that I have developed any more as a writer in my first semester of college. I'm writing papers for English and History like I did in high school but with fewer restrictions. In the least self-centered way, I believed myself to be a solid writer beforehand while taking AP English and History which included a arms full of essays throughout the years. I have found myself less intimidated by having to write a paper in college though. I am confident that I can whip out a 4-5 page paper on a topic or prompt and do well or better.

However, I have noticed that I have developed as a student and a critical thinking over this first semester at NEIU. Never before would I do drafts, revisions, or read my own work aloud to hear it with a voice, but now I find myself wanting to do these things before printing and turning in a paper. The peer review that we had done for the narrative essay was helpful in many ways and showed me how I can better my own papers and writing. I feel as if the class and the way it is run does a good job of not only teaching but making (atleast myself) think differently and become engaged in ways I didn't before.


The goals I had set for myself in the beginning of the class were simple enough and quite mundane. I feel like I will accomplish my goals of becoming a more mature person and passing the class with a good grade to start my academic career at NEIU for the next four years. I hope that this will help me better myself not only personally but academically for the coming years of 10-20 page papers and my eventual graduation from university. 

No comments:

Post a Comment