Friday, September 16, 2011

Assignment #3

Organization- One difference between an A paper and a C paper, to me, is organization. An A paper is well prepared and doesn't have events or information out of order. Unlike the C paper that can be a little jumpy with its events and may not make sense to the reader due to non-chronological events.
To me organization in a paper isn't that difficult. I have learned over the coarse of my writing career how to organize my ideas and paper in a way that it should be or as close to that as I can.

Word Choice- Another key difference to An A paper and  a C paper is the authors word choice throughout the piece. An A paper has the correct type of word for the situation or section in the piece. An A paper will have an intense word when needed or a elaborate word when called for. A C paper will have lousy word choice and will lose readers attention due to lack of emotion or feeling to the piece.


Personally I don't find word choice as one of my weak points in writing. After having a sister who was an English major and a Mother who took English as a delight I was raised to have a big vocabulary. As well as having 2 years of AP English under my belt I have thought I have extended my vocabulary and try to use the best word choice possible.

Detail- Another difference I believe separates an A paper and a C paper is detail. An A paper has detail when needed and called for and elaborates on the significant points or events or people in a piece. As a C paper may lack details in certain areas and don't always give the most information about significant events.

Out of the three listed above i believe that detail is somewhat my weakest area. Sometimes I tend to lack detail and become lazy about the places I chose to leave or add detail. I find it hard to sit and write an entire paper in one sitting and become restless and antsy. Therefor I start to slip off my talent in the end of papers and lose my final touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment