For my literary narrative it took me a little while to come up with some topics. Then I thought about the things I enjoy(ed) and the things I remember most.
I came up with these ideas.
When I was in the fourth grade I met and went to a convention with multiple big time Chicago Bears players at the time. Being enormously engulfed in football since a young age along with my family we were some of the last to stick around for question and answers and even after the scheduled stop time. My mom and I ended up talking to a player and joked around about getting free tickets to a game soon. He decided to take down our number and names "just in case" he was able to get the tickets. Well essentially he was able to get the tickets, how he let us know, which game it was, and how I remember it is well worth 3-4 pages of a story.
I feel as though the above summarized story could be a very entertaining and interest catching kind of topic or story. If one is a big football fan or even Bears fan this would be quite a story to tell. However, if someone in my audience doesn't enjoy sports or appreciate it like I do then the story may be dragged out and boring.
This summer. . . Sucked. Plain and simple. It was a horrible horrible summer for myself and my friends. But, somehow, by the hand of God, we made it into our apartment and into our respective schools with the means and funds to do so. How we did it? A lot of work and effort for one, along with personally believing we were being blessed the entire time this summer. I have only lived in my place as long as a week now and it feels like a month. How we came here and what we went through to come about in this amazingly blessed spot is no clue to me. I can just tell it from my perspective in the ways I saw it.
The above story can easily be related to almost anyone who has had a summer vacation. Everyone goes through them and thinks they are the top down, hair blowin in the wind, California sun drenched summers, so I think this may give a different perception to summer vacations and how they can go. However, I am aware that some may look at a narrative like this to be "whiny" and "cry-baby-ish" at the same time.
Young and restless. The best way to describe me as a young child growing up with his best friend in the same neighborhood and a nephew who turned brother living with him in the same house. The three amigos and then some often enjoyed to hang out down by a ravine that was next to train tracks and a notorious spot for homeless sleepers. Did we care? As a 11 year old taking on the world would you? I have done quite dumb things in my life before however almost burning down a small patch of forest, that was a block away from the Illinois Beach State Resort full of brush and highly flammable material, might have been a list topper for a while.
This story is highly entertaining and defiantly has all aspects of a narrative built in already. However, I have noticed growing up that few select find a humor as I do and often look at me like I am still 11 when i reminisce about my childhood fright stories or those " it shoulda went like this. . . but it ended like this" type of stories. So this may be a good choice but will people be entertained or just brush off the story as a couple of dumb kids in a neighborhood together.
No comments:
Post a Comment